Honour Your Needs
Deciding to honour your needs and give yourself the gift of working one on one with a therapist is an incredibly rewarding process that needs your prior care and consideration.
In my experience a number of critical elements must be aligned for your transformation and healing to take place.
- Strong rapport with your chosen therapist. Deep trust and rapport with the person you choose to walk beside you on your healing journey is crucial to making the changes you want for yourself and your family. Before I agree to work with you, we will have a conversation to assess our suitability. Sometimes, not often, for one reason or another we are not a match and I will refer you onto someone who can better serve your needs. Most often though it’s a big fat YES and we set up a time to get started!!
- Your willingness to take responsibility for your own results. My role as a guide and facilitator provides the platform and space for you to create the results your seeking. I don’t heal anyone. I don’t fix anyone. The answers lie within you. My job is to ask great questions, be a safe sounding board and utilise specialist techniques that connect you with your unconscious mind and higher self to effortlessly access what you need with the support of divine timing.
- Environment suitable for healing. It’s important for you to feel comfortable and supported in an environment conducive to healing and growth. I take deep pride in how I set up the consultation space for my clients, knowing this matters. When I consult over the phone or via Zoom it’s important to set up a comfortable environment where you won’t be interrupted during the session.
- Give it time. The old saying ‘anything worth doing takes time’ is so true. For most of us there are many layers to the challenges we’re facing. Those layers having been built up over your whole life time and possibly previous life times. Whilst big energy shifts frequently happen and wonderful results follow, it’s important to be grounded in your expectations around change. There are no magic pills or quick fixes when it comes to this sort of work. The women I work with are typically with me for a minimum of three months and the changes they create for themselves are deep and sustainable.
- Maintaining Regular appointments. The clients who have achieved their outcomes are the ones who showed up each week. When we begin working together we will set weekly sessions that then move to fortnightly and maintenance sessions when needed. Rather than having a set program schedule, I prefer to tailor the sessions to your individual requirements.
Each session runs for 1.5hrs and on occasions 2hrs
- The healing modality. Choosing a modality or type of therapy to assist your reaching your outcomes is a very personal choice. There is no right or wrong, good or bad. What I will say is, whatever modality or combination of modalities you choose, you should be seeing yourself, others and the world in a more positive light and feeling much better than you did before you began. I’ve heard of people being in therapy for years and making no or minimal progress. That’s certainly not how we roll here at The Family Nest! I will be regularly checking in with you to make sure we are on track with your desired outcomes. I use a combination of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Matrix Therapy and other researched based tools to assist with your healing, growth and desired outcomes.
How I Practice
NLP – NLP offers techniques and processes that allow change on the deeper unconscious level, giving you lasting, effective and beneficial results.
As you strategically begin to realign your ideas, thoughts and language, new neurological pathways are created allowing you to effortlessly embrace new and improved ways of interpreting your world and your life.
Ultimately when we know better we can do better. NLP offers you a way to deliberately use your brain to have the life and relationships you desire.
Matrix Therapies – Matrix therapies is based on the concept that is important to clear negative emotions and beliefs that surround events from the past, in order to change behavioural patterns in the future. There are a number of emotional techniques that help people with past negative emotions and beliefs. What makes Matrix Therapies different is its ability to clear complex structures of emotions and beliefs at the one time. Matrix Therapies also focuses on complex programming that we adopted from our parents, which may be limiting your potential with regard to career, money and relationships. It’s surprising just how many of our parents habits and beliefs are embedded in our unconscious mind that affect our everyday behaviours and decisions.
I am ready to say YES to myself, YES to support, YES to transformation
Reclaim Your Voice
I Can Help You
Honour Who You Are
Develop Self Care Ritual
Trust Your Ability
Words of Gratitude
“I’m excited for my future even more.”
Karina is a caring & compassionate coach who offers plenty of value in her sessions and holds you accountable for your results.
With a true gift at listening Karina’s ability to guide & support you throughout each coaching session is truly professional.
Karina helps you stay focused and assists you in deeply getting to your core beliefs and breaking them away to achieve a more positive mindset to achieve the goals you want for yourself.
Karina offers a judgement free and confidential service and makes you feel comfortable and confident in achieving your goals.
I had the joy of experiencing 3 wonderful coaching sessions with Karina with incredible results that have made huge positive changes.
Within 3 sessions over 3 weeks it’s now been about 5 weeks since I had my 1st session and my life is completely different.
I’m much more positive have better structure in my life and now always think outside the square using my creative ability that I’ve always had however just needed an insight to seeing my true ability to bring out my absolute best in stepping and positively moving forwards.
Karina I’m very grateful for your time & energy. I’m excited for my future even more.
“I am totally amazed about my new found understanding about myself and the calm feeling I now have.”
After recently completing 6 one on one coaching sessions with Karina, I am totally amazed about my new found understanding about myself and the calm feeling I now have.
Karina’s background knowledge and understanding, enables each session to flow freely and easily. Her trust, guidance and understanding to situations are AMAZING!
In each session I always felt that Karina was fully focused on our discussions and dedicated to truly helping me to achieve the best outcome from each session.
With her guidance I have been able to create new goals to work on in my daily life, form new beliefs about my inner being and develop a new found understanding of myself and why I perhaps do or don’t do certain things.
Karina had a terrific ability to guide me back to a specific time in my life that perhaps was pivotal to a belief I had held on to, sometimes for many years that I wanted to be able to change.
Karina’s guidance has given me a fabulous foundation with what to work from to move forward, develop from and achieve my future goals.
I ALWAYS felt Karina was non-judgemental, I could openly talk to her about issues that were close to my heart and knew what I was saying would be kept totally confidential. I HIGHLY recommend Karina.
Thank you Karina, for all your support and commitment to myself.
Rachael (Mother of two, Melbourne)
“More certainty and calm about my life and the people in it.”
Through the coaching sessions with Karina I gained a deeper understanding about my family members and with it came empathy and compassion for these people. In saying this, I also created deeper clarity as to what was important for me to preserve, how to make my life even better and how to effectively deal with the conflict.
It’s not easy sifting through family issues but well worth the insights I gained as to what really matters in life. With the new knowledge and insight I have created more certainty and calm about my life and the people in it.
I would recommend Karina, for those of you who are wanting a supportive, nurturing and intuitive coach to take a step by step approach to understand your family and in turn yourselves too. This means you can then lead a richer and more meaningful life for your benefit and those who matter most to you.
Matters Of The Heart
Learning to surrender to it’s messy mishmash of interwoven creativity with structure, fun with discipline, fantasy with focus, messiness with tidiness and everything else in between, means we embrace our ability to be flexible.
Over the years I’ve noticed that unless women learn to gracefully say “No” and effectively delegate, prioritise or ask for help the number and weight of the demands from others can become excessive and overwhelming. Under this intense load, our ability to respond to the circumstances in our daily lives becomes compromised and strained and anxiety becomes our constant companion.
As human beings we have a deep need and strong desire for certainty. It makes us feel safe when we know what’s happening tomorrow next week, next month. Having certainty in our lives allows us to plan and most of the time have a good idea of the direction we’re headed.
Feeling uncertain of our direction or purpose in life can be frightening, isolating and lonely or can be viewed as an opportunity to explore what got you here and how you want to do things differently from here on in.
Universally we all have a fear of being disconnected from others and unfortunately this fear can lead to fulfilling this deep need within us in ways that don’t serve us.
For many Mothers who enter The Nest, life is barely worth getting out of bed for in the morning. They are desperetly wanting to create something different for themselves but have no idea how to begin. Often they don’t even know what they want, they simply know they can’t go on like this anymore.
In saying that though the very capable, no fuss Mummas I work along side, tend to struggle when it comes to reaching out for help when they need it. Whether it’s from their husbands, children or friends, they often push through to the point of burnout, filled to the brim with anger and resentment with ‘having to do it all.’